Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 15:31:23 -0400

I have version 0.3.4 of mpv on my machine (Trisquel) so this code
wouldn't work on my box. I think one needs (<= 0.17.0 mpv-version). We'd
need a way not to break mpv for people who start enjoying it in 5.0.

Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:

> Not sure on coding style strictness, tabs-spaces and such, but all such
> trivia should probably all be deferred until then.

Emms is old (the Savannah project was registered 15 years ago), so code
style is all over the place. As maintainer I try for three things:

    * HEAD should be pretty stable before a release, but otherwise it
      can be as bleeding edge as we want.

    * It should compile without warnings.

    * Documentation is good, and should be updated.