Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 02:14:40 +0500

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:58:52 -1000
Bob Newell <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had a sort-of similar problem with my emms/mpv installation for
> termux. After the last update:
>
> (1) Nothing played out of the box but the 'file workaround quickly fixed that.
>
> (2) I had to modify my volume-control code to reflect a different file
> name for the command drop file, but once I did that everything was
> back to 100% operation.

Can you enable and check debug output in *Messages* as suggested along
with that workaround, and see if it looks like similar crash, with mpv
exiting on signal?

And if so, maybe you can run mpv with strace or gdb, as suggested in
the latest mail in that thread?

Can be entirely separate issue too, of course.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net