Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] [Yoni Rabkin] Re: Patch: emms-playlist-tracks-in-region
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 17:11:15 +0500

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 20:23:15 +0100
Fran Burstall <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have a look at branch emms-playlist-limit for a re-write of
> emms-playlist-limit.el.  This is my first piece of elisp for public
> consumption so criticism very welcome and almost certainly necessary.

It's not an elisp complaint, but more of a feature request:

As I wanted to try out limiting feature, looking at playlist buffer,
first thing that came to mind is to limit it by regexp going over what
is displayed there.

That's probably the most relevant info, encompassing several fields
that user cares about, which is why emms-track-description-function
is set to display these.

And unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option for that,
only for filtering over attributes of internal track representation.
Unless I just missed it, that is...

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net