enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:09:12 +0100

Hi,

> I do like the current name, however being *too*generic can be a problem. The
> game does not even appear on the first page a google search for 'enigma' (it
> does apear on the second page though under the www.gnu.org/non-gnu/enigma/
> url)

And it brings up nearly about 1 Million hits - far too much to find
us.
Even searching for 'enigma game' does not help much, but reveals many
other games called 'Enigma' or using the word as part of the title.

I agree that finding a new, more unique name would be a good thing.

> I really do not like gimicky-sounding names, and enigmory sounds fairly
> gimicky to me.

Me too.

How about 'HyperOxyd'? A bit gimicky too, but it has some tradition
(Oxyd, PerOxyd, HyperOxyd) and only 37 hits in google.

Or we could use the origin 'Ainigma' (greek for 'puzzle').

Ralf