enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Fw: Oxyd 2000

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Fw: Oxyd 2000
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:57:35 +0200

> I'm not certain I understand this. If Oxyd2000.exe is a modified enigma.exe,
> does not have Daniel's,
> But was not recompiled from source, then how was Daniel's name removed?

Probably using a hex-editor.  The executables differ in only a few
bytes.  I'm not even sure the GPL forbids a modification like this, the
license mostly talks about source code, which is really not a great
help. And because enigma.exe was compressed with upx, modifying a few
bytes garbled a large chunk of the credits screen :-)

> As for the compiling under windows xp, Is enigma available by anonymous cvs
> again? as soon as it is I will finish my guide. (well perhaps... The problem
> is that my computer is currently dead.) Unless Arch will be used in which
> case I will remove

No, at least the most recent changes are not available via CVS.

> Daniel: I long ago sent a patch for fixing some of the problems I found for
> compiling enigma under windows using cygwin. Was this patch ever checked
> it... if not please do so... my working computer does not have a copy of
> this patch to resend.

I think so, yes.

- Daniel