enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] development of enigma

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] development of enigma
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:29:05 +0200

Hi,
> * which programming language is used for enigma

Why don't you just look at the sourcecode? It's mostly C++ with some
LUA I think.

> * which OS platform was up to now used (if Linux: which distribution)

Mostly Linux, no idea about the distribution. I'm running it on Debian.

> * is there an agenda list of things wished to be done?

Look for "feature wishlist" on the Enigma development page...
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/devel.html

> * how many email inputs are to be faced typically within one month?

The list archives are public.

> * would you like to get assistance, which would be coordinated by you
> or would you prefer to hand over the actual status of source codes and
> www-based documentation?

Enigma is an open source program. You can e.g. start by sending in
patches to the sourcecode, and get svn write access at berlios, too...
You could even create your own enigma fork, although that right now
probably doesn't make much sense...

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\