enigma-devel

RE: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Greek Translation: some questions

From: Ludmian Sedai
Subject: RE: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Greek Translation: some questions
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:36:40 +0200

Hi,

> The Greek translation of Enigma is nearly done, with 94% of it completed (38
> strings remaining). However, I have some questions about some strings:
>
>  1.  What does "L10n path" mean?

It means "Localisation path". That's where the translations of the game are
kept (press F2 when you are in the main menu and you'll see).

>  2.  I found a string in German, but I can't work out what it means. The
> string is:"Ob Schachfiguren laserresistent sind?"

I guess it can be translated into English something like this: "Are chessmen
afraid of laser?" or "Can laser do harm to chessmen?"
"
>  3.  What does the title of the level "Procstures" mean? I've looked up my
> dictionary and found no definition.

I guess you meant Procrustes. That's a character from Ancient Greek mythology.
An article from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrustean_bed

> P.S: Poedit (The app which I'm doing the translation with) has created two
> files: The first one is el.po and the other one is el.mo. Which one should I
> send when I finish?

You should send el.po. Use el.mo to playtest your translation. Replace any
other foreign language file in your localisation path with your file (they are
all called enigma.mo, so I guess you should name your file enigma.mo too) and
choose the appropriate language in the options menu.

Hope I got everything right (I'm not a developer, I just translate the game,
like you).

Greets,
Ludmian
Explore the seven wonders of the world