enigma-devel

Re: Re : [Enigma-devel] Hi from Ray Re: Logic level

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: Re : [Enigma-devel] Hi from Ray Re: Logic level
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:15:18 +0100

Hello,
Yeah, I would try to use characters such as:
- the clown (umbrella)
- the knight (sword)
- the carpenter (hammer)
- the hacker (floppy disk)

attribute ideas:
- poor / rich (coins)
- cool (shades)
- maniac (dynamite)

colors. Can be described as "warm" and "cold" to provide partial hints.

As for the hints, you could setup a machine that produces scrolls with
the hints again and again.
So people can cycle through the hints.
Is there a "siren stone", that will produce a message when hit just
like a scroll?

> By the way I still think that it could be made a meditation level, you'd only
> have to set as "essential" the good it-hollows and not the other ones. I did
> not test this yet but I read it in the reference manual and it should work (I
> recall that there are not so many meditation levels)

It doesn't fit the mood of a meditation level though IMHO. Where the
challenge should be the synchronized control of multiple marbles, not
a puzzle that you might even want to solve "offline". Which is why it
IMHO is essential that we provide the user with some "scratch space"
on the screen. We don't want them to use pen & paper.

But I have an idea along these lines. The board contains a storage
room with all kinds of items that the user can use as markers. There
also is a shovel, and a stone to produce dynamite. In one of the
fields, the user is expected to use the dynamite to produce holes for
his medidation marbles, which he then can release from a cage and
direct into the holes to see if he's right.
I'm not sure if that is easy to implement though, so it only accepts
the correct solution.

It might be easier to just have the user answer simple questions such
as "who is the murderer" and have him drop an id item on the question
field (rules out the umbrella though).

best regards,
Erich Schubert