enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Music crash and display bug in Enigma 1.2/Ubuntu

From: james
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Music crash and display bug in Enigma 1.2/Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 23:16:51 -0500

In 1.20-dfsg.1-2.1build1 and other current Linux builds, there's two
notable problems.

1) The Pentagonal Dreams music file isn't included in current versions of
the game for some reason, which is bad enough. But now, clicking on the
"Enigma Ragtime" (which used to switch to that) crashes with this error:

"enigma: MusicManager.cc:97: int sound::GetOptionMenuMusic(): Assertion
`pos >= 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

2) The button that used to show difficulty level is completely blank, no
matter what its state is or how you've clicked on it.

Hope there's some way of resolving this. In the meantime I suppose I'll
give either the Windows version a try in Wine, or see if an older version
works any better.