erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] autoconnecting to servers

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] autoconnecting to servers
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:37:39 -0500

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
> ERC already knows how to automatically authenticate to various NickServs,
> see erc-nickserv-alist and erc-services-mode.
>
> Andreas.

Thanks Andreas (and Andrea also)
Erc now connects to networks and auto-joins channels like I had hoped :-)
There is one network that causes me a problem, irc.arstechnica.com, I
have commented it out in my-erc.el (http://bzgirl.org/conf/my-erc.el)
because it doesn't connect the first try and then retries over and over,
so fast that emacs crashes and dumps core!

I don't know why this is, if manually connect with erc-select it works
just fine.

As for the rest of the networks and channels everything is good, thanks
for the help.
--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net