erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Auto-reconnect overhauled

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Auto-reconnect overhauled
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:49:45 -0500

I finally got around to making the auto-reconnect ability more
customizable, with sane defaults.  I plan to merge this into Emacs 22
next week.

** New command: /RECONNECT
This command tries to reconnect to the current IRC server exactly
once.  It does not work in server buffers (throws an error before the
command is run), but works in query and channel buffers.

** New options

*** erc-server-reconnect-attempts: Determines the number of
reconnection attempts that ERC will make per server.

*** erc-server-reconnect-timeout: New option that determines the
amount of time, in seconds, that ERC will wait between successive
reconnect attempts.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net