erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Setting erc-auto-query to 'bury

From: Peter Jones
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Setting erc-auto-query to 'bury
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:18:16 -0700

I currently have erc-auto-query set to 'bury.  I would expect that when
someone queries me, that ERC would create a new buffer, and then bury
it.

What happens instead is that when the buffer does not yet exist, ERC
creates it, and makes it the current buffer.  Thus, when I'm typing
somewhere, and somebody queries me, my typing is interrupted with a new
ERC buffer.

What am I doing wrong?

ERC Version 5.3
GNU Emacs 22.2.1