espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] documentation about lblattice.halo_grid

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] documentation about lblattice.halo_grid
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 23:40:25 +0100

Hi guys,

I tried to look at shifted periodicity for LB.

For simplicity. assume you want to shift the periodic condition in X direction
in a way that velocity field on the right side of your simulation box is
shifted in Z direction by one lattice unit, that is v(boxX,y,z + 1) = v(0,y,z).

Assume you want to implement this simple thing in case with one CPU.

I looked in the code in lb.cpp and I think everything can be done in function
halo_push_communication(). Here, the information is exchanged between the
boundaries of the simulation box. I think, that it is sufficient just to send
shifted information form right to left and from left to right.

Am I right with this?

If yes, I still am not sure about how it works with lblattice.halo_grid. Do you
guys have some documentation on this?

Thanks,
Ivan