Re: [ESPResSo] Espresso with static libraries

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Espresso with static libraries
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:10:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

compiling just with a static Tcl library won't help you, since Tcl also needs
some scripts it loads at start up. So you need to install Tcl the one or other
way, for example in your home directory. To do this, just download the Tcl
package from www.tcl.tk and follow the instructions for compiling it (if you
want, statically) to be installed in a location accessible to you (I assume
$HOME/software for now). Then, when you compile Espresso, you simply specify
the corresponding directory for includes and libraries via "./configure
CFLAGS=$HOME/software/include LDFLAGS=$HOME/software/lib". Espresso should then
link against these libraries. However, as I said, the $HOME/software/lib/tcl
directory needs to be accessible also when you execute Espresso.

Axel