[ESPResSo] ESPResSo Compilation

From: Salvador Herrera Velarde
Subject: [ESPResSo] ESPResSo Compilation
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:57:32 -0500

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your last suggestions. I check my restarting simulations and they look fine, time and parameters are according to the last snapshot. Besides, if i restart the simulation in my desktop it runs without trouble.

After talking with the admistrator of our cluster we think that the problem is related with my ESPREsSo compilation.  After removing the optimization flags, both NPT and the restarting simulations run without problems, but they are very slow.

I am trying different flags for the compilation, e.g,
/configure --with-myconfig=config-NoDPD.h CC=pathcc CFLAGS="-Wall -O3 -OPT:Ofast -fno-math-errno -TENV:simd_zmask=OFF -TENV:simd_imask=OFF -TENV:simd_omask=OFF -I/opt/hpmpi/include -I/opt/sharcnet/fftw/3.2.1/pathscale/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/hpmpi/lib/linux_amd64 -lmpi -L/opt/sharcnet/fftw/3.2.1/pathscale/lib"

 but in my last trial I got the following messages:
/communication.c:2169: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
/ghosts.c:423: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
/p3m-charges.c:846: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
/ewald.c:346: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
/fft.c:1308: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules

A similar warning appears in nsquare,  layered, mmm2d, elc, maggs and rattle.

Could you help to clarify these warning messages?

Thanks