Re: [ESPResSo] parallel computing

From: Torsten Stuehn
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] parallel computing
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:19:27 +0200

Hi Mikheil,

if you have several mpi libraries installed in your system you can
manually specify all the PATHs in the configure line.

Here is an example on how you would configure in SuSE 11.2 with openMPI:

./configure \
  CC=/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/bin/mpicc \
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/lib64 \
  --with-mpicommand=/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/bin/mpiexec

The summary at the end of configure will then tell you that it
found a "generic" mpi version.

Greetings,
Torsten

PS: If you want to know what exactly the mpicc wrapper does, type "mpicc -show"
    on command line.