Re: [ESPResSo-users] Re: Espressomd-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

From: Florian Fahrenberger
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Re: Espressomd-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:43:24 +0100

Hi Edward,

> ESPResSo doesn't seem to use FFTW library automatically because FFTW was
> installed on my computer.
> User's manual says that the FFTW header files are necessary.  But, I
> don't know what the header files are.
> Could you let me know how to use FFTW header file when installing ESPReSo?

The header files are the *.h files of a C project. They are usually
needed for building software to provide the correct interface for
whatever software you want to compile, in this case ESPResSo.

I don't know what Linux system you are using, maybe you have to talk to
your administrator. On most distributions however, the header files are
in packages of the name "fftw3-devel" or "fftw3-dev" or something like that.

If you have already installed these header files, then there is the
possibility that the ESPResSo configure does not find them if they are
installed in a very uncommon directory. If this is the case, please
write another eMail and maybe tell us more about your operating system
or attach the resulting config.log file that contains all the
configuration information.

Greetings,

Floh