[ESPResSo-users] SIMBIOMA2011 / deadline extension / please register or

From: simbioma
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] SIMBIOMA2011 / deadline extension / please register or send delegate
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:32:01 +0200

   SIMBIOMA2011  / extended deadline
   =================================

   Simbioma-members: please send delegates !

   Dear Colleague,

   please note the deadline extension (31.8.11) for the early
   registrations and abstract submissions.

   The conference has a fantastic scientific programme, for details
   see: www.uni-konstanz.de/simbioma2011

   In case you contribute to the conference already, you can ignore
   the rest of the text. We are looking forward to seeing you or
   you delegate in Konstanz!

   In case you did not yet decide to send a delegate, please
   consider the following:
   A continuation of the well appreciated support in the past
   from SIMU, MOLSIMU or SIMBIOMA is not guaranteed for the future.
   SIMBIOMA is coming to an end in 2011, and new applications for
   European funds crucially depend on documented activities. We thus
   need to show that our community is alive and indeed spans over many
   European laboratories.
   So, we would be happy to see you at the conference next month.

   In case you have benefitted from any SIMBIOMA support in the past
   (workshop or other travel support), you belong to the group of
   ``SIMBIOMA-members''.
   FOR SIMBIOMA MEMBER LABS IT IS A DUTY TO PARTICIPATE!

   For SIMBIOMA members labs:
   As I have already mentioned, we are ready to support the
   participation of your delegate:
   For you (or the participating co-worker from your laboratory) the
   registration fee is waived and the lunch meals and the banket will
   be paid by us.
   In addition we can provide a travel support.
   The total amount for all such requests to the conference is fixed,
   and so the height of this extra support depends on the number
   of applicants. It appears to be realistic, however, to support your
   trip by about 100 EUR or more.

   Another point may be of interest as well:
   We also plan to produce a book with review articles, similar
   to the book from the SIMU conference in 2001.
   Springer Verlag has given its "ok", and of course, the contributions
   to the book will be closely related to the speakers talks.
   In case your submitted contribution is selected as a
   "contributed talk" it eventually may end up in the book.
   Deadlines for the "early bird registrations" and the
   applications for contributed talks are 31.8.2011.

   Please inform us about your decision at your earliest convenience
   (possibly by return mail to address@hidden
   You can simply use the short form enclosed!).
   Moreover you should send us the title and the abstract of your poster
   contribution before August 31, 2011.
   After August 31 it is still possible to register, but a
   printing of your abstract in the conference booklet cannot be
   guaranteed any more.

   Thank you !

   Looking forward to seeing you (or your delegate) in Konstanz!

   With best wishes
   Peter Nielaba

   Professor Dr. Peter Nielaba      e-mail: address@hidden
   Physics Department               Phone:     ++ 49 7531 88 4259
   Theoretical Physics (Chair)      Secretary: ++ 49 7531 88 4272
   University of Konstanz           FAX:       ++ 49 7531 88 4462
   D-78457 Konstanz, Germany        http://www.uni-konstanz.de/nielaba

                        RESPONSE FORM
                (SEND TO: address@hidden)

I ACCEPT TO COME                               (YES)     (NO)

OR ELSE THE PERSON FROM OUR LABORATORY COMING IS:

TITLE OF THE POSTER:

I ACCEPT TO SEND YOU AN ABSTRACT (TO APPEAR IN THE BOOKLET OF ABSTRACTS)
WITHIN AUGUST 31, 2011

                                SIGNATURE

   A few informations on our conference:

   SIMBIOMA2011
   ============
   28.9.-1.10.2011 in Konstanz, Germany
   www.uni-konstanz.de/simbioma2011

   Organizing Committee:
   ---------------------
   G. Ciccotti (IT), C. Dellago (AT), M. Dijkstra (NL), P. Nielaba (DE)

   Conference Advisory Committee / SIMBIOMA steering committee:
   W. Andreoni (CH), M. Athenes (FR), K. Binder (DE), I. Economou (GR),
   P. Faisca (PT), D. Frenkel (UK), B. Hafskjold (NO), K. Kremer (DE),
   B. Lesyng (PL), H. Jonsson (IS), D. Galli (IT), E. Leontidis (CY),
   D. MacKernan (IE), V. Mohacek-Grosev (HR), O.G. Mouritsen (DK),
   L. Nilsson (SE), M. Rodger (UK), J.P. Ryckaert (BE), J. Ulicny (SI),
   I. Vattulainen (FI), M. Waroquier (BE)

   The Conference:
   Similar to the SIMBIOMA-conference in 2008
   (www.uni-konstanz.de/simbioma), the conference in 2011 will be
   organized with 6 plenary talks (50 minutes), a session on
   "Challenges beyond SIMBIOMA" (2 hours), 8 sessions with three
   speakers (invited talks with 30 minutes talks and contributing
   talks with 20 minutes) and short poster presentation talks
   (3 minutes) each, and in addition a general poster session.
   The (preliminary) titles of the sessions are:
      (1) Glasses and Granular Systems
      (2) Transport in Classical and Quantum Systems
      (3) Quantum Systems
      (4) Proteins, Peptides and Bio-Informatics
      (5) Soft Matter
      (6) Interfaces
      (7) Methods
      (8) Multiscale Methods

   We count on about 250 conference participants.

   In this conference we would like to convey computational
   scientists involved in the challenges that are faced in the
   fundamental modeling of matter on time and spatial scales
   which are relevant for materials and biosystems. We would
   like to focus the subject of this conference on new techniques
   as well as on current applications for bridging the gap between
   ab-initio and meso and macroscopic levels.

   The conference will aim at developing cooperations among
   the groups participating in the SIMBIOMA ESF programme.
   It will also be open to participants not members of the programme.

   Invited Speakers:
   -----------------
   There will be about 50 talks by renowned experts.
   Those will include (scheduled, *:confirmed)

   A.Alavi(*), W.Andreoni(*), J.L.Barrat(*), K.Binder(*),
   P.Bolhuis(*), D. Coker(*), C.Cuevas(*), R.Davidchack(*),
   L.Delle Site(*), D.Donadio(*), R.Everaers(*), D.Frenkel,
   J.Garrahan(*), C. Hartmann(*), P. Koumoutsakos(*), W.Krauth(*),
   K.Kremer, M.Mareschal(*), C. Oostenbrink(*), I. Pagonabarraga(*),
   C. Peter(*), U.Roethlisberger, B. Roux(*), M.Schoen(*),
   C.Schuette(*), S.Sengupta(*), M.Sprik(*), H.Tanaka (*),
   I.Tavernelli(*), M.Troyer(*), E.Vanden Eijnden, I.Vattulainen(*)