Re: [ESPResSo-users] setting a fixed value to a LB node

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] setting a fixed value to a LB node
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:43:08 +0100

On 12/23/2011 04:33 PM, Farnoosh Farahpoor wrote:
Dear Espresso developers
I have a question about "lbnode x y z set args" command. What is the
meaning of this command? In the Espresso user guide it is mentioned that
"The lbnode command allows to modify (set) single LB nodes."
As I understand and see in my simulations the value of the "args" can
change during the simulation but after calling this command it will be
modified to our expected value but again it can change till the next call.
Is there any possibility to give a completely fixed value to some
quantities in a node? (something like "fix" option in part command)

For example in my simulation I need some nodes in the entrance of a pore
have fixed velocity in a some arbitrary direction.

Thank you so much for your concern
Farnoush

Hello Farnoush,

if I understand correctly, what you need are inlet/outlet boundary conditions. To the best of my knowledge, no such boundary conditions are implemented in the ESPResSo release at the moment. However, they should be fairly easy to implement using existing elements of the boundary conditions and the lbnode command. What I'm not so sure of is how to proof consistency and accuracy of Dirichlet type boundary conditions.

Regards,
Ulf

--
Dr. Ulf D. Schiller                        Building 04.16, Room 3006
Institute of Complex Systems (ICS-2)       Phone:   +49 2461 61-6144