[ESPResSo-users] Brownian motion with lattice Boltzmann

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Brownian motion with lattice Boltzmann
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:36:43 -0600

Dear All,

I have been reading the Thesis of Dominic Røhm where he discuss the implementation of Lattice Boltzmann with GPU's in ESPResSo.

In chapter 8.2, he presents a test case about brownian motion and diffusion of a single particle.

Some of the parameters used in the simulation were:

density           1.0
viscosity         0.1
friction            5.0
temperature    1.0

I would like to ask for an educated guess of were this parameters come from? Somebody could give me an idea of why these parameters are good enough to reproduce brownian motion and if they could be used in a whole 2D colloidal suspension?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Herrera-Velarde S

--
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Dr. Salvador Herrera Velarde
Division de Ciencias e Ingenierias
Campus Leon
Universidad de Guanajuato

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Este correo ha sido editado para evitar el uso de acentos y guardar compatibilidad entre
diferentes distribuciones