[ESPResSo-users] VMD and mbtools

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] VMD and mbtools
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:34:18 -0600

Hi Everybody,

I am facing some troubles trying to visualize with VMD the snapshots obtained with mbtools.

After creating ~/.vmdrc  and adding the line:
source ~/PATH_Source_EXPResSo/espresso-3.0.2/tools/vmd_plg.tcl

When I launch VMD, it complains with a  similar problem reported some time ago here in the ESPResSo user list:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/espressomd-users/2010-06/msg00002.html

At that time, Tristan gave a temporal hacking golution. However, my actual problem gets worst. When I launch VMD,  the window "main-vmd" does not appear. So, I can no interact at all with vmd. If I remove the ~/.vmdrc file then VMD works without problem. Both OpenGL Display and VMD main.

Does anybody has a suggestion? People working with mbtools and VMD have had similar experiences?

By the way, I am using VMD 1.9 and the problem was duplicated in Ubuntu and  Mac (Version10.7.2)

I would like to have working both VMD and mbtools (vmd -e vmd_animation.script) for the short/introductory course to ESPResSo. I would really appreciate any comment or suggestion.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Salvador

--
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Dr. Salvador Herrera Velarde
Division de Ciencias e Ingenierias
Campus Leon
Universidad de Guanajuato

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Este correo ha sido editado para evitar el uso de acentos y guardar compatibilidad entre
diferentes distribuciones