Re: [ESPResSo-users] installing espresso on Ubuntu - tcl not found

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] installing espresso on Ubuntu - tcl not found
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:34:48 +0100

Hi,

first, you need next to the packages also the respective development packages in Ubuntu, so tcl-dev, fftw-dev and so on. However, since you can compile, you have somewhere the necessary header files.

As the error message tells, your dynamic loader cannot find the libtcl8.5.so, which means that either you build Espresso as 32-bit executable, or your ld.so.config is incorrectly setup, although Ubuntu does that in general automatically.

With file Espresso, you can find out whether it really is a 64-bit executable. With ldd -v Espresso, you can figure out what libraries the dynamic linker actually considers.

Regards,
Axel