Re: [ESPResSo-users] referring to stored configs separately

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] referring to stored configs separately
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:27:03 +0100

Hi!

There is another option, which I normally use. Rather than using the writing of analysis configs, which was mainly meant for writing analysis test cases. More flexible is, to write out the particle configurations using "blockfile write particles", which also allows you to specify which properties you need (just {pos} would be the equivalent of analyze append). Using "blockfile read auto", you can easily traverse over a file written like that, since it always returns the type of the last read block. So, if you get "particles"", a new configuration was loaded that you can analyze, and you can store all properties you wish - velocities, forces,...

N.B., there is a brief introduction in the UG (I believe) how you can easily inject arbitrary block types. By that, you can even save derived values that you compute at run time, or just make a block {config 42} to get the number of the current configuration. scripts/blockfile_support.tcl contains the reading functions for the basic blocks, that might be already enough to understand how it works.

Cheers,
Axel