[ESPResSo-users] ESPResSo 3.2.0

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] ESPResSo 3.2.0
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:45:03 +0200

Hello everybody!

The ESPResSo team is proud to announce that we have just released
version 3.2.0 of ESPResSo!

During the last year, we have on the one hand removed a bit of cruft
from the old code, but on the other hand, a number of interesting new
features have been added to the software. Here we name just the major
features:

* An immersed boundary code allows to simulate extended flexible objects
in a LB fluid.
* The feature CATALYTIC_REACTIONS models a simple chemical reaction:
when a particle of the reactant type comes into the vincinity of a
particle of the catalysator type, the reactant is transformed into a
particle of the product type.
* The feature GHMC implements a generalized hybrid Monte-Carlo thermostat.
* The feature GRANDCANONCIAL provides functions for grandcanonical
simulations.
* When using ROTATION_PER_PARTICLE, it is possible to turn on or off
rotational degrees of freedom for the different particles.

For a complete list of the changes in the release, please refer to the
file NEWS. If you find a bug in the release, please report the bug here.
We recommend all users of ESPResSo to update to the new release as soon
as possible. With the release of 3.2.0, we will not provide further
updates to the ESPResSo 3.1 branch.

You can check the release notes of ESPResSo here:
  http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/espressomd/NEWS

You can download ESPResSo 3.2.0 from here:
  http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/espressomd/

You can find the homepage of ESPResSo here:
  http://espressomd.org

If you find a bug in the release code, please report it here:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=espressomd

Best regards

  The ESPResSo team