Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary

From: Vincent Ustach
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:57:37 -0700

Georg,

Thanks for your advice. I realize now that rhomboid will not work because of the structure I want to make. Do attachments work on this listserve? See attached for the picture of walls made of particles. The membrane is the squares with the square pyramid cut out. The pore is the pyramidal cut out shape. The square in the bottom of the figure is to prevent particles from going from source to sink through the periodic boundary.

I was thinking the rhomboid shape is a 2-D four sided shape, not a 3-D shape. Fundamentally I misunderstood the idea that a node must be inside or outside the boundary and all the lbboundaries are 3-D.

Stefan,

Thanks for your continued help. I will look for this command that will help apply the particle geometry to lbnode boundaries. According to the UG "set" is not supported with lbnode.

the code
lbnode 15 15 15 set boundary 1

gives the error
unknown feature "boundary" of lbnode x y z set
    while executing
"lbnode 15 15 15 set boundary 1 "

Otherwise I am going to start work on the developer's side to allow individual boundary nodes to be set.

Cheers,

Vincent

--Vincent Ustach
  University of California, Davis