Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:05:59 +0000

Hello,

thanks a lot for the fast reply and your help. I will test the script with the new parameters and will give a feedback of the performance.

Anyway, I still have two questions left:

1) You wrote, that the dynamic viscosity nu should be one. In the user’s guide it is written (page 158), that one inserts the kinematic viscosity nu/rho for the lbfluid command. Sure, since rho equals unity in MD units, that makes no difference, I am just asking to make that point clear.

2) How do you get such an “odd” number for the force density? In SI units, it is 64.000kg/m^2/s^2. If, as you proposed, [m] = 10^-15kg, [x]=10^-6m and [t]=10^-6s, shouldn’t the force density be 6.4*10^-5 in MD units? Sorry, for being so confused.

3) When talking about force in the lbfluid command, one is really talking about the force density and not about the force on every node of the LB-grid. That is at least, what I understood while reading the user guide. Am I right with that point?

Thanks again!

Greets,

Markus