Re: [ESPResSo-users] Correlation

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Correlation
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:00:57 +0000

Dear Roya,

concerning your questions:

1.  When you write time=[setmd time], what is the time that it gives you? What is its unit?

ESPResSo does not predefine any system of units. In a simulation you convert your parameters into MD units. This means that a timestep can correspond to any “physical-timestep”, depending on how you have chosen your setup. More information on “units in ESPResSo” can be found in the user’s manual.

3. I want to add Lattice Boltzman to my simulation and I need to see some sample codes about it or some projects on it. It really helps me since LB is complicated for me.

In the repository of Espresso, you will find an example of a lattice-boltzmann implementation (“object_in_fluid.tcl”). That, at least for me, is of great help to get an deeper understanding of the LB algorithm and implementation.

I hope that helps a bit (sorry, for the second question I don’t have an answer since I have never used it).

@ ESPResSo-experts: don’t hesitate to correct me, if anything is wrong in my answers!

Greetings

Markus