Re: [ESPResSo-users] Correlation

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Correlation
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:25:01 +0200

Hi,
a small extra remark: Observables are n-dimensional vectors.
particle_velocities contains 3N components, where N is the particle number. You
specified probably all particles of you polymer.
The correlation operation scalar_product calculates the scalar product of the
observable at two different times. The result is scalar. Thus what your thing
calculates is
C(tau) = < \sum_{i=0}{N-1} v_{x,i}(t) v_{x,i}(t+tau) +  v_{y,i}(t)
v_{y,i}(t+tau) + v_{z,i}(t) v_{z,i}(t+tau) >_t
If you want to calculate the center-of-mass VACF, you should use the
com_velocity observable.
Cheers
Stefan