Re: [ESPResSo-users] Hydrodynamics

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Hydrodynamics
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 18:50:06 +0200

Dear Roya,
unfortunately I don't know any good introductory books on that topic. It is
actually relatively difficult to learn. A good perspective on the statistical
mechanics of hydrodynamics is given in the book of Evans and Morris, and good
introductory books on small Reynolds number hydrodynamics are that of Batchelor
and Happel and Brenner. Also check the book by Kirby:
http://www.kirbyresearch.com/index.cfm/wrap/textbook/microfluidicsnanofluidics.html
It is not our fault, but hydrodynamics are somewhat difficult to learn. But you
would probably not start your quantum mechanics course with quantum field
theory…
Please don't blame us and be patient. Hydrodynamics is a subtile thing…
Cheers
Stefan