Re: [ESPResSo-users] Coloring in VMD

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Coloring in VMD
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 10:37:50 +0200

Dear Narges,

Espresso 3.2.0 uses vtf rather than PDB for communication with VMD. Therefore, SegName is no longer used, but just Type or Name. Type just gives the type number from Espresso.

However, the vtf plugin in VMD has a bug, which cannot handle charges correctly and wipes the type and name information. So, if your systems are charged, you either need to switch to the latest development release, or use the workaround option "ignore_charges" to prepare_vmd_connection.

Best regards,
Axel