[ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann

From: roya moghaddasi
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 16:06:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hi espresso users,

At first my simulation didn't include LB, but now I am going to see the Hydrodynamic effects, so I turned on the LB like this:
#SETTING UP HYDRODYNAMICS
kill_particle_motion
thermostat off
lbboundary cylinder center $c $c $c axis 0 0 1 radius $r length [expr $box_length/2] direction -1 penetrable thermostat lb 1.0
lbfluid dens 0.042  visc 33.22  agrid 1.0  tau 0.005
lbfluid friction 13.036
integrate 100

The parameters are water's, and I am almost sure that I calculated them correctly,

I want to ask some questions:
1. is it important to introduce lbboundary first, then lbfluid, or vice versa, or there is no difference?
2.Since I got some errors for cylinder violation, should I use reflecting 1 for lbboundary cylinder?
3. Without LB, the energy of my system is about -30000KT, though using  LB increases the system's energy greaty to  +3000KT, is it normal? Do you know what I did wrong?
4.Is the electrohydrodynamics used only when we have external electric field?
5.Do you think using remove_momentum will solve my problem, how can I use it in version 3.2.0?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me solving the problem.
Best,
Roya