Re: [ESPResSo-users] fixing an object in a fluid than only rotates

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] fixing an object in a fluid than only rotates
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:38:19 +0200

Dear Lena,

Currently, there is no such functionality. Also, I can't see right now
any way how to keeps let's say a centroid of the object fixed. The
option of moving the centroid of the object always back is of course
possible, but this way, you get the recalculating the forces, because
the positions of the particles are being set.

If you want to simulate rigid objects, virtual sites are maybe an
option, however, this is not within the OIF module.

I wonder what is the reason to have such feature. If you want to
simulate couette flow and you want your object to be almost at one
place, just with rotation, initiate the couette flow by moving the
upper wall to the right and bottom wall to the left, both with halved
velocities.

I hope this helps,
Ivan

Dňa 26.5.2015 o 15:32 Holst, Lena napísal(a):

--
Ivan Cimrak
FRI Zilinska Univerzita v Ziline