Re: [ESPResSo-users] Limited number of virtual particles

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Limited number of virtual particles
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 16:36:06 +0200

Hey Aleksei,

The issue is not actually virtual sites but the analysis routines. The
specific relate to memcpy versus
memmove:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/espressomd-devel/2015-01/msg00012.html

The following code should work now and soon be in the master:
https://github.com/ohickey/espresso/tree/fixMemCpy

For calculating the structure factor I would actually recommend
dumping out blockfiles of all the particle coordinates and writing
your own analysis routines in say python. Especially since you are
dealing with polymers and a static property, you should get decent
results without having to write out the particle coordinates very
often.

Happy simulating :)

Owen