Re: [ESPResSo-users] constraint, i.e, shrinking cylinder

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] constraint, i.e, shrinking cylinder
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:02:27 +0200

Hi!

Am 09.06.2015 um 00:13 schrieb Savan Kharel <address@hidden>:

1. I would like the put the particles inside a cylinder which shrinks in the middle (but still looks like a cylinder). I know that espresso has the constraint that is cylinder but its not clear to me how I can modify the cylinder.

The constraints are defined in 5 places:

./src/core/constraint.cpp
./src/core/constraint.hpp
./src/tcl/constraint_tcl.cpp
./src/tcl/constraint_tcl.hpp
./src/core/interaction_data.hpp

They are described by magic constants in interaction_data.hpp, and by gripping for CONSTRAINT_CYL, you can find the code implementing the cylinder constraint. Mostly, the constraints are defined by a distance function, and for any other than the shapes that are predefined, you will need to write a new one. Just follow the CONSTRAINT_CYLs...

Best,
Axel

Axel Arnold
Martha-Schmidtmann-Str. 7