Re: [ESPResSo-users] Fwd: Scaling of tabulated angular potentials

From: Hender Lopez
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Fwd: Scaling of tabulated angular potentials
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:15:02 +0100

Hi Paul,

I remember having the same question quite a time ago and after getting
the comments from the list and looking at the code I found that the
the straight answer to you question is:
For an angle tabulated potential the file containing the potential has
to have the following structure:
- First line: start with # and it should have 3 elements, 1) the
number of points of the tabulated potential, 2) min angle (in rad) and
3) max angle (in rad).
- Then you should have 3 columns: 1) angle (lets call it theta), 2)
dU(theta)/dtheta and 3) U(theta) where U(theta) is your potential that
depends on theta.

Now I don't remember exactly which files I checked but I do remember
that my sims behaved well. One way to test it, is by creating a
tabulated potential for one of the bond-angle functional form
implemented in espresso and run a simple system and compare results
(tabulated vs functional form implemented in espresso). For example
try two beads join by an bond-angle interaction and get the energy for
different angles.

Best,

Hender