Re: [ESPResSo-users] ESPResSo: The next 15 Years

From: Dudo
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] ESPResSo: The next 15 Years
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:05:26 +0200

oki, first april.. :-)

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Dudo <address@hidden> wrote:
"MethLab" are you serious?

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Georg Rempfer <address@hidden> wrote:
Outpacing the rapidly evolving soft matter spectrum demands constant innovation.

ESPResSo has been simulating soft matter for more than 15 years and,
through aggressive scientific investments in key research areas such
as algorithms, efficiency, high performance computing, and
best-in-class analytic capabilities, has a deep understanding of the
breadth and complexity of physics.

To take ESPResSo to the next level, today we announce our long-term
innovation mission. To better reflect its goals, ESPResSo, the
Extensible Simulation Package for the Research on Soft Matter will be
renamed to METHLAB, the Multiphysics Exascale Technology with
High-Level Artificial Brain.

METHLAB will be the ideal platform for total exploration production in
your personalized soft matter strategy. It has a top-down exascale
mindset and uses modern techniques such as automatic code generation,
deep learning, and cloud. It is developed in a holistic agile
development progress.

METHLAB is ideal for any challenge in soft matter. It is
multi-physics, multi-scale, multi-platform, multi-agent, and
multi-tasking. It is optimized for Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure and
powers our new Physics-as-a-Service platform. One-click publication of
results to Facebook, Twitter, ResearchGate and Nature Magazine is
available in our mobile apps for iOS, Android, and BlackBerry, now in
beta and available on the App Store -- just search for Espresso To Go.

We will return METHLAB to tried and trusted, mature technologies. Git
will be replaced with CVS, and all C++11 code will be rewritten in
Fortran to improve portability and to fully leverage decades of
compiler development excellence. At the same time, the Python
interface, announced for ESPResSo four years ago but having gone
nowhere, will be scrapped in favor of a modern Node.js frontend to be
able to tap into the vast amount of intellectual capital available in
software developers on the market.

The ESPResSo Development Team

--
Faculté de biologie et de médecine

Polymer Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Dubravska cesta 3
845 41 Bratislava, Slovak Republic []
tel: +421 2 3229 4321

--