Re: [ESPResSo-users] configuration

From: Salim Maduar
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] configuration
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:06:12 +0300

Hello, Nairhita

By default Espresso uses periodic boundary conditions in 3D.
However for the purposes of integration it records absolute positions of particles.
So it is OK to get positions of particle outside the box.
If you need folded positions, you simply use the following commands in tcl:

part $pid print folded_position

instead of :

part $pid print position

You can also look at folded position by recording pdb-file:

writepdb "filename.pdb" -folded

--
 Best Regards,
 Salim Maduar

 Junior Scientific Fellow,

 Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry,
 Russian Academy of Sciences
 Moscow, Russia

 Email: address@hidden

 Web: http://nanofluidics.phys.msu.ru/maduar.htm