Re: [ESPResSo-users] Python status

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Python status
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:08:32 +0100

Hi Michael,
On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 02:54:27PM -0600, Michael Winokur wrote:
> In August I was told by Rudolf that the python interface was about 80%
> complete.  I've just now downloaded the git master-espresso release and
> compiled espresso (the python-espresso src cmake broke on my computer).
We are in the process of splitting the tcl and python branches. Please use the
"python" branch for all things Python.

Since the last time we wrote, three important things have been added to the
Python interface
* Constraints (walls, etc.)
* Electrokinetics
* Most of the observables/correlators framework

Also, most of the tutorials are now available for Python, which should make the
transition easier.

Regards, Rudolf