Re: [ESPResSo-users] Restricting interactions to nearest neighbors

From: Memet, Edvin
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Restricting interactions to nearest neighbors
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:21:31 +0000

Dear Henry,

I understand LJ has a cutoff, but that will not do what I want. If I just fix some r_cut I won't have the guarantee that exactly one particle will fall within that cutoff, as things move around. I should have clarified that for each particle, I want it to only interact with exactly one other particle (the nearest one) at all times.

Slightly more concretely, I have an interaction LJ defined between particles of types 0 and 1, say. Each particle of type zero should only interact with the single nearest particle of type 1 (and viceversa).

Best,
Edvin