[ESPResSo-users] how to fix part of atoms during the simulation?

From: Jiaxing Yuan
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] how to fix part of atoms during the simulation?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 13:49:43 +0800

Dear all,

Hello! I am simulating an electrolyte system between two planar charged interfaces. Each charged interface is modelled by using explicit charges forming a 2D square lattice. Whereas the particles in the middle (between two charged plates) are mobile, I would want the surface atoms to be fixed during the simulation.  How to achieve this in espressomd? I noticed there is a command called "kill_particle_forces" in the galilei module, but this seems to be only applied to all the particles in the system if I understand correctly.

Thank you for any advice on this!

Best,
Jason