fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 23:13:25 +0200

Fabric handles log tailing badly. If you log into multiple servers and
tail a log file, you will only get output from the server that is
listed first in the fab_hosts variable.

What happens is that fabric will execute tail on the first server, and
then wait for it to finish. Unfortunately, by nature of any tail -f
command, the tail process will never terminate and this causes fabric
to hang, and never proceed to execute tail on the other connected
hosts.

It might be that Jeff got something working in his experimental
execution branch, but for mainline Fabric 0.0.9, tailing log files is
something that fabric really sucks at.