fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] how to change present working directory?

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] how to change present working directory?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:08:56 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Bryan Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> thanks Jeff!
>
> this does the trick w/ git
>
> git-dir="--git-dir=/home/hitman/Prog/test1/.git"
> fabric.run("git $(git-dir) fetch $(my_remote_repo)")
>
> another quick question, how can I specify args for operations like
> deploy? do operations not take args?
>
> I want to pass the application my version tag # as an argument
>
> right now I am using prompt('version', "Input the version you want to
> deploy")
> version = ENV['version']

Given a fabfile like this:

def hello(**args):
  print "Got args:", args

Then:

[cvh: ~]$ fab hello:a=b
   Fabric v. 0.0.9, Copyright (C) 2008 Christian Vest Hansen.
   Fabric comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `fab warranty'.
   under certain conditions; type `fab license' for details.

Running hello...
Got args: {'a': 'b'}
Done.
[cvh: ~]$