fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:23:16 -0400

> I've accepted your changes to require() but I'm not sure about the
> prompt() changes. I think prompt is getting a little complex/hard to
> understand.

One item I added to TODO in my branch is to overhaul prompting in
general (both Fabric prompting the user for Fabric values, as well as
Fabric "passing through" prompts it is given on the remote end) so
hopefully sometime I'll be able to take a stab at that, and ensure
that it is organized/documented so as to not be too difficult to
use/grok.

> Ah, yes. The unit testing story is a little weak. I'm afraid I've been
> sloppe in that department :(

This is another area I was hoping to tackle sometime as well, I've
only recently started doing TDD at my workplace and in personal
projects. It's a lot of typing, but feels good once you've got things
well covered, and especially if you do literal TDD where you're
writing the tests first and then the patch.

> These would be the first decorators intended for use in fabfiles.
> You/we will have to think about how they are going to interoperate
> with the list and help commands.

Can you explain this further? My branch has two for-fabfiles
decorators and they seem to work fine.

-Jeff