fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] put() and command line args

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] put() and command line args
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:28:50 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Christian Vest Hansen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> If there are no values at command-line, then the call to partition
> will leave 'v' with the empty string, causing cmd_args[k] to be "".

That's certainly true, but none of my examples were setting it up that
way, I was always using a 'full' key=value setup. You're right,
though, that the original question from Philip would translate most
directly into just passing the filenames as the "keys" (with empty
values) and thus you'd be wanting to iterate over the resulting
kwargs.keys() instead of kwargs.values() :)

I gave the key=value examples because that was the most "complete" way
to explain how arguments work in general, since Philip seemed confused
as to what was possible with them. I should've also given the 'direct'
answer, though :)

> Also, I verified my writings before pressing send :o)

Are you saying I didn't? :P

-Jeff