fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Completed suggestion: decorators (#4)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Completed suggestion: decorators (#4)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:46:55 -0400

> == 4. Decorators ==

> My added decorators are for calling `require` and ìnvoke` prior to the
> decorated command. These also work with the new inspection of
> `command.func_code` to trigger `connect` (see
> `_new_operation_decorator` and `_needs_connect`).

Thumbs up here too :)

Somewhat unrelated: as I was looking at this code and related stuff
(some of which is Christian's I believe), it's getting really obvious
that fabric.py is turning into functional programming soup. I know
we've had a refactoring / reorganizing in the wings for a while; I may
take a stab at that for my next dig at the code, whenever that is.

I.e. I'd like fabric.py to be a lot more straightforward, with many of
the helper methods in another file(s) somewhere (and possibly renamed
so they're not all starting with underscores, which IIRC is one of the
benefits of having exterior library files).

-Jeff