fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:49:22 +0200

Here's a bit of feedback.

The change that broke the most things in my fabfiles are the removal
of lazy string interpolation. I've been relying a lot on their
recursive nature, and I had to do a fair bit of restructuring to get
that part working again.

Another change is that local() is now what used to be called
local_per_host(). This means that my build steps currently run
multiple times every time I deploy.

Another breaking change is in argument handling. I have been using
flag-arguments with default values like this:

def task(flag1=False, flag2=False):
    print flag1, flag2

And executed them like this:

$ fab task:flag2
False flag2

Where flag2 would test as boolean true. But that argument handling now
seems to have become positional:

$ fab task:flag2
flag2 False

This behavior can sort of be worked around like this:

$ fab task:flag2=t
False t

I'm not sure what to say to that.

The config -> env and the importing were minor changes.

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please don't use this on anything crucial, critical or
> fragile!

I don't have access to a fab-deployed app that isn't one or two of those....

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.