fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Re: [ISSUE] AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribut

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Re: [ISSUE] AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'isint'
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:42:42 -0400

Hi Vincent,

> The problem is at line 414 in fabric/operations.py
>  if str(user).isint():
>            user = "#%s" % user
>
> I use Python 2.5. isint is maybe a Python 2.6 function?
> I think we could achieve the same result with
> try:
>     user = "#%d" % int(str(user))
> except ValueError:
>    pass

Actually, I think I was just off my rocker when I wrote that, it's
.isdigit() in both 2.5 and 2.6 (just checked). That particular feature
hasn't been well tested yet, so thanks a lot for finding this! I'll
update it soon.

Not sure when I'll tag alpha3 (if you're following the tagged
downloads only) but probably this weekend since a lot's been done
since alpha2 and I hope to get a lot done this weekend as well.

Best,
Jeff