fab-user

[Fab-user] New --noexecute command line parameter

From: Steve Steiner (listsin)
Subject: [Fab-user] New --noexecute command line parameter
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:21:01 -0400

Hey!

I was just working on the modifications discussed lately on the list for modifying the env.hosts list from the config file and got annoyed with having to hit the actual servers to test, so...

        I added a new command line parameter to the fab command line utility:

                 -n, --noexecute       show but don't actually execute commands

        It's only a few lines of code and doesn't affect anything else.

I've sent a pull request to Jeff but anyone who wants to try it out can pull from my clone; it's right up to date with the latest official repository with only this one change in one file (fabric/main.py).

        Clone URL is: address@hidden:ssteiner/fabric.git

        Give it a whirl!

Thanks,

aka ssteiner