fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] csh options to behave like 'bash -l -c'

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] csh options to behave like 'bash -l -c'
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:44:36 -0400

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Sergi<address@hidden> wrote:

> yes!, it works with '/bin/sh -c'.

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the suggestion Tom, I probably
should've suggested that myself but totally forgot :)

For what it's worth, it's been suggested previously to set Fabric to
always use /bin/sh, and it *would* help in situations like these.
However, for now I've kept it at bash because that's the
overwhelmingly common use case and as shown it's very simple for those
falling outside that use case, to tailor things to their needs.

I'll make sure to outline this topic ("oh god, not working, I don't
have bash!") in the docs, for future users :)

Best,
Jeff