fab-user

[Fab-user] why fabscript asks for host?

From: anurag uniyal
Subject: [Fab-user] why fabscript asks for host?
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 12:07:04 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I have simplified my installation script to for demonstration, see below

from fabric.api import run, env
from fabric.decorators import hosts

@hosts('xxx@www.google.com')
def rdeploy():
    run('pwd')

def deploy():
    rdeploy()

now if i use
$ fab rdeploy -f del.py
[xxx@www.google.com] run: pwd

it works as expected, because for rdeploy host has been set

but if i call deploy,
$ fab deploy -f del.py
No hosts found. Please specify (single) host string for connection:

it asks for host, which is not useful as deploy do not use any remote commands
and only remote command we use has hosts already set

rgds
Anurag

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.